Calling all scientists looking for an inspiring and rewarding career within the space industry! This is a challenging and varied role offering you the opportunity to utilise and develop your technical capabilities whilst networking and interfacing with other industry experts as an acknowledged Product Development Expert of Europe’s Metrological Satellite Agency (EUMETSAT)
You will work on the extraction of radiance, polarisation, aerosol and cloud products from observations of the Multi-viewing, Multi-channel, Multi-polarisation Imager (3MI) aerosol and cloud monitoring instrument to be flown on future EUMETSAT Metop-SG satellites. Working on such a key mission will provide significant opportunities for personal and professional progression.
You should have skills/experience in each of the following areas:
- Demonstrated knowledge of aerosol and cloud missions, their data products, applications and user communities;
- Detailed knowledge of the functioning, operation, and data processing of multi-viewing, multi-polarisation, multi-spectral imaging instruments;
- Experience of multi-viewing, multi-polarisation, multi-spectral imaging instrument calibration and characterisation, and development of radiance, polarisation, aerosol and cloud products, including long-term monitoring and validation;
- Experience of operational satellite data processing systems and very good skills in a higher programming language (e.g. C++, Fortran);
- Strong communication and presentation skills including demonstrated experience in writing scientific and technical documents;
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills.
- Experience in the use of radiative transfer models in optical remote sensing, in particular their use in vicarious calibration, would be considered advantageous
All applicants must be EUMETSAT member state nationals with a good working knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written. A knowledge of French would be considered advantageous.