As part of the Business Intelligence Team you will be responsible for the upkeep and optimization of various processes and reports for a rapidly growing, international start-up.
As a Junior Data Engineer at InterNations, you will:
- extend and refine our data warehouse;
- develop new ETL processes and improve existing ones;
- monitor and visualize data;
- optimize performance;
- work on various data engineering and data science projects.
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team;
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas;
- regular workshops about work-related topics and soft skills;
- weekly team breakfasts, fresh fruit, and regular team events.
Are you the right one for the job?
Send your application (CV and cover letter) today!
You meet the following requirements:
- university student of mathematics, computer science, economics, business, or related studies;
- ability to work diligently and without distractions;
- very good knowledge of SQL (ideally MySQL);
- understanding of data warehouse design principles;
- familiarity with stored procedures, triggers, functions;
- knowledge of ETL processes (and tools like Pentaho Data Integration);
- very good to fluent written and spoken English;
- experience abroad and cross-cultural proficiency desired;
- strong “can do” mentality.
You ideally also have:
- first experience with data science;
- knowledge of Python.