We’re looking for someone who wants to influence their own development. You’re looking for a company where you can pursue your passion for design across functions, influencing design quality across all aspects of the company.
About the Role
Our Visual / UI Designers create compelling, engaging, and brand-aligned designs for our feature portfolio across both our website and mobile apps. They translate business requirements, user needs, and technical capabilities into designs that are visually exciting, easy to use, and emotionally engaging. They play an essential role in bringing ideas to life.
As a Visual Designer at InterNations, you will:
- participate in product ideation and concept development
- own the visual / UI design of multiple features on our websites and mobile apps
- conceptualize and create wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes to illustrate unrealized possibilities
- collaborate with product management and engineering to take the visual and UX aspects of our product to a new level
- present designs to team members and management, and excite them about the ideas behind them
- set up design validation scenarios and questions for user test lab sessions
- contribute to design guidelines and best practice for peers
- embrace challenges and inspire new ways of thinking
- work on a wide variety of projects with a global footprint
You meet the following requirements:
- a minimum of four years’ experience with visual and UX designs
- completed design studies, including interaction design
- a relevant portfolio of web and/or mobile designs
- significant experience with customer-facing products
- strong affinity for the latest trends in app design and interface concepts
- experience working with fast-paced, lean, and agile delivery processes
- strong problem-solving skills and a “get-things-done” attitude
- team player with good communication skills
- extensive knowledge of wireframes and prototyping (sketch knowledge a plus)
- experience in user testing is a plus
- a fast-growing, dynamic company with international scope
- a friendly work atmosphere and the space you need to pursue your own ideas
- regular workshops and lectures about work-related topics and soft skills
- a very diversified job profile with a high degree of responsibility and independence
- weekly team breakfasts, fresh fruit & regular team events
- a central location in a wonderful cosmopolitan city with beautiful natural surroundings
Are you the right one for the job?
Then send us your application (CV, cover letter, start date, salary expectation) today!
A comprehensive portfolio is an essential piece of any application. Applicants who do not include a PDF or URL with work samples unfortunately cannot be considered. Please ensure that your portfolio describes your role in each project.